Job Description: Web Development Manager
The Web Development Manager will be a part of Global Information Technology Team and will primarily have responsibilities over the creation and maintenance of company-owned applications, and management of a software development team.
The Web Development Manager will work closely with the development team, IT managers and directors globally, as well as all levels of Management and Leadership teams. This is an unparalleled opportunity to become part of a growing team and a growing global organization. High-performers will have significant growth opportunities available to them.
- Support the entire application lifecycle – concept, design, test, release and support
- Produce Architecture Diagrams and Design Documentation for software development projects
- Lead multiple technical solution implementations simultaneously and provide key technical and solution architecture for review
- Mentor, guide, support and inspire the development team
- Manage a team of talented developers and designers from both technical and human-resource perspectives
- Analyze and create project scope and milestones for several company initiatives
- Hold regular meetings with other managers/director to ensure open communication and expectation accountability throughout our projects
- Approach the development lifecycle with testing in mind – Unit, Integration, Regression and more
- Troubleshoot and debug applications and databases to optimize performance
- Review all deliveries from development teams (native, mobile, web) to ensure quality standards are met and business requirements are fulfilled
- Ensure that all engineering efforts are created/maintained by meeting our quality standards
- Research and suggest new technologies, infrastructure, designs, architectural updates and protocols to enhance our eco-system,
- Create prototypes for design concepts, mock-ups, and approved designs.
- Use knowledge and research to constantly modernize our applications and infrastructure stacks
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 7+ years of experience in Software Development (Web / JS / HTML / CSS / SPA)
- 3+ years of experience leading teams and/or mentoring developers
- 2+ years of experience with Cloud Computing
- Expertise in Agile Project Management Methodologies, such as KANBAN/SCRUM
- Expertise in Test Driven Development, OOP, Asynchronous Programming, DevOps concepts as well as the complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in project management tools such as Jira and/or OmniPlan
- Experience deploying and scaling applications on the cloud
- (Desirable) Experience with AWS Services, such as RDS, Kinesis, SQS, SNS, Lambda, S3 and more.
- (Desirable) Experience with MongoDB and other NoSQL databases
- (Desirable) Experience with Scaling Web Applications (CDN, containers, and more)
- (Desirable) Experience with Networking and Infrastructure at a cloud level