Our client is a FinTech Non Banking Financial Services Company dedicated to driving Financial Inclusion in the MSME sector. Our client is the only company from India recognized globally by the World Bank/IFC with a gold award in 2019 as ‘Bank of the Year-Asia’ for innovative work in SME financing. The company is an RBI-registered Systemically Important NBFC. Headquartered in Bangalore, we have 110 branches across Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and UT ,Puducherry with more than 1000 employees.
Senior Data Scientist
Team -Data Science and Business Intelligence Team
We are looking for a smart and experienced analytics manager who can lead a team of analysts to build and deploy predictive models to infuse core business functions with deep analytical insights. The Senior Data Scientist will also work closely with the organisation management team to investigate strategically important business questions.
● Lead a team through the entire analytical life cycle:
● define the problem statement
● build and clean datasets
● exploratory data analysis
● feature engineering
● apply ML algorithms and assess performance
● codify for deployment
● Communicate Analysis to Stakeholders
● Manage Data Analysts and Data Scientists Summary of Mindset, Skills, and Experience
You should be a deeply curious person with a lot of humility and aptitude in Math and Stats to go along with your technical skills. More specifically:
● Studies in Data Science/ Stats or other quantitative fields (CS, Eng, Math, Econ)
● 5+ years as an analytical professional role with 3+ years in a leadership role.
● Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and data viz). English Fluency.
● Comfort with programming (eg Python), stats tools (Pandas or R) and SQL.
● Working knowledge of support tools and utilities (AWS, Git, Airflow, PySpark).
● Domain knowledge in Financial Services a big plus.
● Initiative, Energy, Bias for Action and a commitment to our social mission.
- You should have a deep understanding of the standard Machine Learning algorithms and their mathematical foundations. And you should have practical experience in designing and deploying algorithms to solve business problems or and research questions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and data visualization skills to communicate findings and translate their impact to business outcomes is essential.
- You should be very comfortable with software programming (ideally Python) and statistical platforms (ideally Pandas or R).
- Working knowledge of support tools and utilities (eg. Airflow pipelines, AWS instances, Git) is a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets and query languages such as SQL, PySpark is helpful.
- You need to be able to speak English fluently. It’s a bonus if you speak the language of one of the regions we operate in (Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and/or Telegu).
Salary for this position will be market competitive and commensurate with candidate’s experience.