Our client is a FinTech Non Banking Financial Services Company dedicated to driving Financial Inclusion in the MSME sector. Our client is the only company from India recognized globally by the World Bank/IFC with a gold award in 2019 as ‘Bank of the Year-Asia’ for innovative work in SME financing. The company is an RBI-registered Systemically Important NBFC. Headquartered in Bangalore, we have 110 branches across Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and UT ,Puducherry with more than 1000 employees.
Our client is looking for “ETL Engineer” for Bangalore location.
Database Programmer cum ETL engineer
Data Warehousing Team
Location: Bangalore | Experience: 4-6yrs Database Programming and ETL
Reports to: AVP, Data Warehousing team
We are looking for an experienced Database programmer cum ETL Engineer who should have extensive experience in writing of scripts, stored procedures and functions on MySql database platform. who have good knowledge of ETL using Talend between different data sources to data warehouse. The person should have worked on AWS cloud platform.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
Here is a summary of the responsibilities for this role.
○ Perform quality assurance tests for ensuring data integrity and quality
○ Resolve database problems,queries and error reports in accurate and timely manner.
○ Assist in planning and implementing the data integration and data migration activities.
○ Test database functions and ETL jobs and perform bug fixes.
○ Exceptional knowledge of Mysql Database.
● Monitor ETL job and health check to insure data quality.
● Fine tuning the existing job and queries.
● Maintain accurate and complete data dictionary.
Summary of Mindset, Skills and Experiences
You should be someone who is self-driven and proactive in identifying the issues in advance.
● Learning Mentality: Deep Curiosity and Humility
● Good communication skills (written, verbal)
● Comfort with scripting and automating the regular tasks in Linux/Windows
● Excellent with writing Sql queries and identifying areas to fine-tune
● English Fluency is required
● Interact with business teams to understand project requirements.
● 4+ years as a DBP with at least 2+ years’ experience in Mysql
● 2+ years of experience in Talend ETL tool
● Studies in Computer Science (CS, Eng.)
● Take initiative and drive the solution
● Exposure to other Databases
(Redshift, Snowflake, MongoDB) is a plus
Experiences, Skills and Values
Mindset: Taking the ownership
– Proficiency in warehousing architecture techniques, including OLAP,
ODS, DM, and EDW.
– Proven work experience as an ETL developer using Talend ETL tool.
– Ability to troubleshoot and solve complex technical problems.
– At least a bachelor’s degree in Science, Engineering, Applied Mathematics.
Individual Contributor. More specifically, we’re looking for someone with experience in database programming independently and taking support of existing database programmer wherever required.
– Good understanding of database programming and ETL design
– Expert in performance tuning and optimizing the queries
– You need to be able to speak English fluently