|Total Yrs Of Experience Required||6yrs|
Our client is a non-profit organisation committed to saving lives on roads in India. We have been recognised as the Best NGO in India by the Rockefeller Foundation and are a recipient of the prestigious Prince Michael International Road Safety Award. We partner directly with the government, industry, and local communities across India to make the most dangerous roads safer.
Our client is looking for Consultant, Tactical Urbanism for Delhi location.
ABOUT TACTICAL URBANISM:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (DETAILED DESCRIPTION)
● Studying existing infrastructural conditions and road user behaviour at the selected sites. Mapping, surveying and documenting all the issues and commissioning the Road Safety Audit for detailed site assessment and road user behaviour studies.
● Finalise Project Goals, Impact Metrics and the Plan of Action for each selected site.
● Creation of Conceptual, Preliminary and Final Design Drawings, and coordinate to ensure statutory approvals for the same.
● Finalise vendors and technical consultants (contractor, research agency, transport planning agency, community outreach agency)
● Plan community outreach in schools and public community spaces in areas around the site
. ● Coordinate procurement of materials, site preparation and execution work on-site
● Oversee on- site Execution of the project based on the final design drawings (CAD files). This includes all the approved soft interventions such as painting, installation of cones and barricades, etc.
● Analysis of the Impact of the Project post execution to document the reduction in conflict and attenuation of the causal risk factors at site.
● Collection of all relevant data along with an analysis, and documenting the same in a report format.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
● Graduate/Post-Graduate degree in Urban Design/ Urban Planning.
● Experience with project management and liaising with numerous stakeholders.
● Minimum 6 year work experience is required.
● The candidate should have excellent data analysis, writing and verbal communication skills.
● Exceptional organisational skills.
● Strong collaborative approach and ability to work in teams.
● Excellent MS office, AutoCAD, Adobe Suite skills
● Understanding of road safety principles.