Our client is a registered trademark of Visage Holdings and Finance Private Limited (NBFC), a Bangalore based social business that provides loans in the range of Rs.1 Lakh to Rs.15 Lakhs to micro and small enterprises (MSMEs) filling the gap between micro-finance and commercial capital. Our client is an award-winning social enterprise based in Bangalore addressing the INR 1 Trillion* debt gap between micro finance and commercial capital by providing collateral free loans in the range of Rs.1,00,000 to Rs.20,00,000 for asset finance and working capital to MSMEs. Company has 90+ Branches in 6 states and current staff strength of 800 people.
Our client is looking for Senior Vice President-Executive Vice President Credit Risk
Job Description as below-
SVP/EVP Credit Risk
Team: Member of the executive management team responsible for all credit risk related activities and management of risk in line with business strategy. Reporting directly to the COO.
Purpose of Job:
The purpose of the role is to provide leadership and strategic direction to the business’s overall credit risk program by data driven analysis of portfolio risk management delivering new ways to underwrite credit risk whilst supporting the roll out of new products/new segments to increase overall business performance.
– Leads and manages all activities within the credit risk department, inclusive of field risk activities, credit methodologies and policies.
– Sets departmental KPIs and evaluates the effectiveness of the credit policies, making appropriate changes that encourage achievement of overall sales and business targets without taking on unnecessary risks.
– Mentor key personnel in the credit risk department, ensuring their constant professional growth, and assisting them in the execution of their duties where necessary
– Spearheads the credit department’s strategy development initiatives, ensuring that they remain consistent with the business’s overall strategy.
– Design and implementation of appropriate credit strategies for the each of the business’s verticals, sales channels, products and market segments.
– Provides management visibility into data-driven insights that monitor the risk trends in the loan portfolio and inform the business’s strategic direction
– Designs, implements, and manages the business’s credit underwriting process and policies.
– Conduct business analyses, performance analyses, competitive analyses, loan portfolio analysis etc. to drive implementable insights and update credit processes and policies.
– Track and reviews actual loan collections results, weighing them against the underwriting conducted in order to determine the effectiveness of the credit process and policies and implement necessary changes and solutions.
– Forecasting and monitoring credit risk performance and business compliance.
– Articulates the results of the analyses in reports, presentations, and recommendations to key stakeholders.
– Develops new innovative models and approaches to underwrite credit better.
Knowledge and Opportunity:
– Maintains a stable knowledge base of the business’s industry, competitors, and regulatory activity.
– Conducts regular research, keeps up with trends and best practices, which give the business a competitive edge, and keep the business at par with some of the biggest players in the market.
– Implements new and well-researched credit policy initiatives, strategies, and solutions.
– Identifies top talent and contributes to the recruitment of key credit department personnel, hence, maintaining efficient and effective execution of duties within the credit department.
– Establish relationships with key personnel within the business’s market.
– Maintain long term relationships with key consumers, potential consumers, and key strategic partners to evolve credit processes.
– Works closely with other executive officers especially the SVP/EVP/Chief Sales Officer and advises them on risk strategies, forecasting, and general management issues in order to align the business’s efforts, avoid conflict of interests, and enable the achievement of the business’s overall goals and targets.
– Collaborates with the financial department in determining the credit department’s budget as well as appropriate internal budgetary allocations.
– Works with the human resources department in order to determine the criteria for recruiting key personnel in the credit department in order to guarantee high performance within the department.
– Performs other duties, as he deems necessary for the smooth performance of his duties or duties as delegated by the Employer.
Qualifications: – Experience – 15 – 20 years’ core credit risk operations experience in financial services domain
– Strong analytical skills
– PG – MBA any specialization
Other Requirements: – Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions. – Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence Company values; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce and supports affirmative action.
– Fluent in Kannada, Tamil, and other south Indian languages is preferred other than English and Hindi.
Competencies & Best Practices for High Performers:
– High social responsibility and pro-poor culture
– Integrity and Building relationships
– Compliance to policies, rules and regulations
– Belief in Teamwork
– People oriented and Goal oriented
Report to: COO