Position Title: Unit Chef/ Sous Chef
Position Reports To: Executive Chef (Functionally) Unit Head (Administratively)
Positions Supervised: CDP/ DCDP/ COMMI
Plans, organizes, develops, coordinates and administers the total operations of all Food
Production, Storage, Issues and Kitchen Areas with a view to achieving optimum results in
terms of guest satisfaction and safety. Also to strive continuously to give the best quality
products as per the company set standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Is responsible for helping to maintain a customer-focused culture
2. Retaining, training, and supervising the work of food production staff.
3. Menu development and innovation.
4. Planning menus in coordination with the Executive Chef considering customer
feedback, popularity of various dishes and of other factors.
5. Developing and testing recipes and techniques for food preparation and
presentation which help to ensure consistent high quality and to minimize food
costs; exercising portion control over all items served and assisting in establishing
menu selling prices
6. Scheduling and coordinating the work of chefs, cooks, and other kitchen
employees to ensure that food preparation is economical and technically correct.
7. Cooking or directly supervising the cooking of items that require skilful
8. Evaluating food products to ensure that quality standards are consistently attained.
9. Conducting regular physical inventories & supervising orders of food supplies for
10. Creating system of ordering and receiving including documentation of the same.
11. Creating and implementing of system for dispatch of food and raw materials and
logistics of transport to and from outlets as and when required.
12. Supervising and approving transfer / leave of staff with adjustments in staff
strengths where required
13. Ensuring that high standards of sanitation and cleanliness are maintained
throughout the kitchen areas as per HACCP standard.
14. Establishing controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
15. Consulting with restaurant staff about food production aspects of special events
16. Maintenance & AMCs of machinery / kitchen equipments.
17. To work in close conjunction with the Operations Manager
18. Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Accurate inventories of food supplies.
Documentation & communication of food variance to staff and management
Supports achievement of budgets in area of the kitchen: food, labour & fixed cost.
Maintaining weekly reports.