Our client is an award-winning leading social impact NBFC based in Bengaluru. Our clients mission is to transform lives, livelihoods and local economies by providing fast and flexible loans, without property collateral, to small business entrepreneurs in India.
Headquartered in Bengaluru, client has more than 100 offices across Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and the union territory of Puducherry with a current staff strength of 1000+ people.
Our client is looking for “Senior Data Scientist ” based out in Bangalore.
Title Senior Data Scientist
Team Data Science and Business Intelligence Team
We are looking for a smart and experienced analytics manager who can lead a team of analysts to build and deploy predictive models to infuse core business functions with deep analytical insights. The Senior Data Scientist will also work closely with the management team to investigate strategically important business questions.
● Lead a team through the entire analytical life cycle:
● define the problem statement
● build and clean datasets
● exploratory data analysis
● feature engineering
● apply Machine Learning algorithms and assess performance
● codify for deployment
● Communicate Analysis to Stakeholders
● Manage Data Analysts and Data Scientists
Summary of Mindset, Skills, and Experience
You should be a deeply curious person with a lot of humility and aptitude in Math
and Stats to go along with your technical skills. More specifically:
● Studies in Data Science/ Stats or other quantitative fields (CS, Eng, Math,
● 5+ years as an analytical professional role with 3+ years in a leadership role.
● Excellent communication skills (written, verbal, and data viz). English
● Comfort with programming (eg Python), stats tools (Pandas or R) and SQL.
● Working knowledge of support tools and utilities (AWS, Git, Airflow,
● Domain knowledge in Financial Services a big plus.
● Initiative, Energy, Bias for Action and a commitment to our social mission.
Salary for this position will be market competitive and commensurate with
Detailed Description on Skills required:-
- You should have a deep understanding of the standard Machine Learning algorithms and their mathematical foundations. And you should have practical experience in designing and deploying algorithms to solve business problems or and research questions.
- Excellent written, verbal, and data visualization skills to communicate findings and translate their impact to business outcomes is essential.
- You should be very comfortable with software programming (ideally Python) and statistical platforms (ideally Pandas or R).
- Working knowledge of support tools and utilities (eg. Airflow pipelines, AWS instances, Git) is a plus.
- Experience working with large data sets and query languages such as SQL, PySpark is helpful.
- You need to be able to speak English fluently. It’s a bonus if you speak the language of one of the regions we operate in (Hindi, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and/or Telegu).