JOB DESCRIPTION: SENIOR TEAM LEAD ARCHITECT (CHIEF ARCHITECT)
The Architect will work in teams to develop and produce designs in the fields of master planning, architecture, interior design and landscape architecture.
- Should have completed B. Arch from a COA plus M. Arch or PGPM
- A) Should have minimum 12-15 years of experience in the said Industry in designing commercial building or malls.
- B) Person with experience in residential architecture alone will not be considered. Should have experience in Commercial, Malls, Hospitality, Institutional, IT parks, Industrial, Highrise etc.
- Should have an impeccable acumen in the design process with a strong sense of aesthetics and an affinity for creativity.
Note: Candidate should carry the drawings and portfolio
- Should have handled at least one project of a million square feet (Non – residesntial)
- Should have studied in premier institute and worked with A-1 architectral and developer firms.
The Architect will:
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project
- Coordination with other Consultants
- Assess the needs of the building and its users and advise the client on the practicality of their project;
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client;
- Assess the impact on the local environment;
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines;
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications;
- Specify the nature and quality of materials required;
- Prepare tender applications and presentations;
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments;
- Managing the project and help to coordinate the work of contractors;
- Control a project from start to finish; (all phases SD, DD, CD, Biding etc)
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget;
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction;
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed (should be LEED / GRIHA conversant.
- Conversant with local bye-laws (For high rise or 5m above building). Also able to study and adopt to new byelaws, building code and approvals.
- Should be able to teach / mentor design parameters and software to juniors and 3D Visualizer.
ADDITIONAL KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Should have handled overseas Gulf / European projects or MENA region projects.
- Study contructs and analyse, tendering, bidding and contruct plus document
- Strong understanding of different
- Structural systems
- Electromechanical systems
- Present market and trends in retail
- Strong understanding of architectural finishes (colorpalattes, wall floor and ceiling finishes) latest materials and various construction techniques.
- Details of RCC, Steel, joineries, wood, FRP, glass, stone, etc for internal and external usage.
- Landscape and hardscape design and civil and plumbing works of the same.
- Costing, estimating and building spcifications and reports.
- Interior (material design and finishes), ligting concepts and knowledge of FF&E
- Attend, coordinate and arrange design team meetings. Should have handled project managers and directors of various fields
- Should know about Business development meeting and shoud have attitude and technical know how to interact with who’s who of construction and retail sector
- Keen eye on QA/QC of peojects. Quality management
- Knowledge of project and construction management
- Should have knowledge of paper works, involved in practice like forma mails, MOM’s, transmittals, RFQ’s / RFI’s, BOQ, Project schedules, agreements, work orders, Technical evaluation, MAS (Materail Assessment sheets)
- Good design and drawing skills to demonstrate flair for architecture;
- A strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions;
- Sound analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals;
- Good organisational skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills;
- An understanding about the relationship between people, buildings and the wider environment;
- A first-rate understanding of construction processes;
- Strong know how of various building codes and standards
- Excellent computer-aided design skills.
- Software Skills: Cad, Photoshop, Ms-Office, 3d (Sketch up + rendering) or BIM, Ms project / Primera
- Projects Handled: Commercials,Malls, Hospitality / Hotels, Institutional, IT parks, Industrial, Master planning (cities), Highrise, reviser fronts etc.
- Should have at least 5 years of experience as Team lead or Manager.
- Should know resource and manpower management in terms of manhours and project scale
- Should have worked on RCC, Prefab, Steel, precast, PEB, complex Structure, earthquake proof building (also wooden and bamboo if possible) renovation / retrofit works etc.
- Should be well versed with ISO standards and quality management.