Position Title: Restaurant Manager
Department: F&B Service
Position Reports To: Manager Operations/Area Manager
Assisting Manager/ Sr. Manager in planning and directing all outlet operations; and assesses, evaluates
and meets the short and long-term goals to ensure restaurant’s success.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Interacts with customers and individuals within and outside the outlet including, but not
limited to current and potential clients, company representatives, suppliers, competitors and
other members of the local community.
2. Coordinates functions and activities with corporate staff, as appropriate.
3. Develops and implements strategic plans, marketing plans, budget and training to ensure
optimum customer satisfaction, sales potential and profitability on an on-going basis.
4. Ensures highest level of customer satisfaction by providing quality customer service and
amenities, within corporate standards.
5. Manages the functions of all personnel through direct and indirect supervision of
6. Monitors the present and future trends, practices and systems in the industry, determines and
ensures execution of competitive programs.
7. Participates actively in selling the organization through involvement with all potential
8. Conducts inspections and ensures physical facilities are kept in optimal condition by full
implementation of preventive maintenance programs and judicious planning and
9. Oversees and directs the personnel requirement of the organization including recruitment,
hiring, orientation, coaching, counselling, training, wage and salary administration, labour
relations, performance appraisals and succession planning.
10. Be responsible for the security and safety of customers and employees, and ensures
emergency procedures are established, well publicized, practiced and reinforced.
11. Implements management development and succession plans in coordination with corporate
and departmental staff, and recommends high quality management candidates from within
12. Monitors applicable laws and regulations and ensures compliance with the same.
13. Establishes and maintains effective internal communications, including Managers and
Supervisors meeting, to ensure optimum teamwork and productivity.
14. Establishes and maintains a prominent level of visibility and involvement in the organization
and business, social and government communities.
15. Establishes and maintains effective employee relations.
16. Installs and monitors cash management programs, including inventories and receivables.
17. Develops recognition programs, advertising and promotional campaigns, to obtain maximum
market awareness and patronage.
18. Monitors purchasing practices to ensure compliance with the organization policies and
19. Contributes to the organization’s overall growth.
20. Performs any other assignments, as defined by the needs of the organization or as directed by
the Management from time to time.
21. Ensures daily briefings are conducted.
Competencies required for the role:
Financial Perspective People Perspective
Financial Management Leadership & Direction
Cost Control Ownership
Budgetary Control People Management
Cash Handling Procedure Crisis Management
Materials Management Communication
Working knowledge of Shawman / IDS
Knowledge of Cash & Banking
Internal Business Perspective Operations
F&B Background Define and Streamline the process
Materials Management Control wastage and breakage
Security Management – procedure for
gate keeping and time keeping