|Program Manager / Sr. Program Manager (India)
The company is the fastest growing solar inverter company in the world and a leader in Residential & Small Commercial solar. The company is focused on developing solutions that make solar systems smart, efficient and reliable – increasing ease of use and lowering cost of delivered electricity. Our microinverter system is profoundly changing the way solar systems function, and as a result, changing the solar industry itself.
As we continue our exciting growth, we are building teams with highly talented individual contributors and leaders who envision, specify, and launch next generation solar and storage technologies. Our work environment is fast-paced, fun, and full of exciting new projects.
The company is looking for a dynamic, experienced Program Manager/ Senior Program Manager to help drive some of our embedded SW and Firmware projects. You will lead program management efforts between cross-functional teams – Product Management, SW Engineering, HW Engineering, Manufacturing, QA team for embedded software/firmware development and coordination of features for delivery.
In this position, you will develop, manage, and drive the end-to-end execution of software and embedded firmware development plans throughout the product development lifecycle and delivery stages. We are looking for someone who is flexible and can respond quickly, energetically, and enthusiastically to the changes.
· Ensure product software and firmware requirements are clearly defined
· Break down complex software/hardware issues into simple tasks
· Develop and oversee comprehensive project plans
· Identify and handle program cross-functional dependencies between teams
· Communicate development milestones, project schedules and status updates and drive alignment across the organization and between teams
· Coordinate with teams to identify, prioritize and track risks to schedule and product quality
· Drive software / firmware factory readiness in support of hardware builds
· Coordinate multiple validation plans across teams
· Understand engineering issues and drive them to closure by bringing together key partners for decision-making
· Grasp complex technical topics and abstract key issues and risks into an actionable
· Synthesize large amounts of data into a clear story and communicate to partners and organizations at all levels
· Maintain an orientation toward teamwork and collaboration
· Provide regular program status updates and communicate escalations as needed to the executive team
Who You Are:
You are a highly engaged and self-driven project professional with incredible sense of ownership with the ability to drive project with minimal supervision. You have proven experience of managing both large complex projects and programs, budgets and justifying resource needs to senior. Able to think strategically and execute methodically with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment. You have excellent communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills that will enable you to earn trust at all levels and across geographies. Ability to facilitate meetings, workshops, and collaboration sessions to push execution and alignment on organizational initiatives. Recognize the importance and are proficient in executing key areas of change management.
· B. Tech/M. Tech in Engineering with 10-12 years of total relevant experience
· PMP, CSM, SaFE and similar certifications preferred
· 5+ years of proven experience as a Program Manager in a highly technical Product company
· 5+ years of experience in delivering high quality HW and SW products, consistently on-time.
· 5+ years of experience in Embedded Software and/or Firmware development is a must have.
· Experience managing Linux, RTOS based Projects
· Experience using project management, task, and ticketing software; Planview, Atlassian, Jira, MS Project, or similar
· Experience using collaboration and team management applications; Microsoft Teams, Slack, SharePoint or similar
· Understanding of FW/SW development processes and test validation including HW manufacturing support. Strong software development background
· Track record of shipping products and managing them through the entire product life cycle
· Understands and deals well with rapid development cycles/Agile development models
· Remain calm and flexible in times of ambiguity
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
The company is a NASDAQ-listed energy technology company headquartered in Fremont, California. The company designs and manufactures software-driven home energy solutions that span solar generation, home energy storage and web-based monitoring and control. The company has shipped about twenty million solar microinverters, primarily into the residential and commercial markets in North America, Europe and Australia and over 895,000 systems have been deployed in more than 125 countries.
We are a publicly-held company based in Northern California, are led by veterans from the solar, telecom, networking and software industries, and backed by leaders from throughout the solar power industry.
Microinverters convert the direct current power from the solar panel (DC) directly into grid-compatible alternating current (AC) for use or export. The company was the first company to successfully commercialise the microinverter on a wide scale, and remains the market leader in their production.
Our vision is to make solar simple and energy smart, so everyone is empowered to create a zero-energy footprint for themselves, their home and their business. Our mission is to build the world’s finest networked energy system and revolutionize power generation on a global scale—one solar panel, one-kilowatt hour, at a time.
We bring a system-based, high-tech approach to solar energy, leveraging expertise in semiconductor integration, power electronics and networking technologies to continually advance the performance, intelligence and reliability of solar energy systems. Their System includes our revolutionary microinverter, groundbreaking data collection and transmission equipment, and web-based analytics and management tools
Industry Renewables & Environment
Company size 201-500 employees
Headquarters in Fremont, California
Type Public Company
Specialties Solar, Energy Storage, Micro Inverters, and Batteries