Our client is a non-profit organisation committed to saving lives on roads in India. We have been recognised as the Best NGO in India by the Rockefeller Foundation and are a recipient of the prestigious Prince Michael International Road Safety Award. We partner directly with the government, industry, and local communities across India to make the most dangerous roads safer.
Our client is looking for Program Director for Pune location.
The Program Directors (PDs) have management responsibilities for designing and operationalizing new programs
and improving existing programs ensuring quality, measurable result oriented outcomes, promoting innovation
and entrepreneurship. They also have the responsibility to lead program teams, enable partnerships, and provide
support to the management.
Job Title – Program Director, Maharashtra
Experience – 10+ Yrs
Location – Pune
Reports to – COO
ESSENTIAL ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (DETAILED DESCRIPTION)
● Successfully running the key Zero Fatality Projects of company across multiple states.
● Lead a dynamic team of professionals with a strategy to scale the impact of these ZFC projects nationwide.
● Manage and build partnerships with industry, other academic institutions, government ministries, state
authorities, philanthropic foundations, international institutions and other stakeholders.
● Enabling extensive stakeholder management for project and program funding, approvals, publicity, including
stakeholders internal to government.
● Planning, scheduling Project Review meetings with multiple stakeholders and giving progress updates and
presentations during the same.
● Experimenting and piloting new ideas in Road Safety, with a problem-solving and outcomes-oriented
● Planning, coordination and implementation of various innovations.
● Creating robust real-time governance structures, to timely report the outcomes to the high-level committee.
DESIRED SKILLS SET/ EXPERIENCE
● Proven Leadership experience in handling large projects, geographically dispersed and involving multiple
● Suggest budgetary plans and ensure close budgetary oversight.
● Direct experience in government, government-facing consulting or public sector innovation programs will be a
● Extensive experience in multiple-stakeholder management: Government, Industry and Academia
● Making presentations in Project reviews to Government and donor organisations.
● Retired Ex-Serviceman (10 years and more experience). Women are encouraged to apply.
● Management of Crash Investigation Team, conduct of timely crash investigation.
● Planning project interventions in consultation with management.
● Drafting RFPs, ensuring timely execution of works.
● Liaison with Police, MSRDC and other government officials. Drafting and leading all official
● Attending meetings, representing organisations in Project reviews.
● Taking technical inputs from the Technical and data science team to plan and strategize road safety
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION AND COMMUNICATION SKILLS
● Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering preferred but not compulsory.
● The candidate must have fluency in Marathi Language. (Written & Verbal).
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Hindi and English