Our client is one of the fastest growing KPOs in India.Our client is the 4th largest Insurance Brokerage and Risk Management Firm in the world listed on NYSE and included in the Forbes Magazine’s Platinum 400 Best Big Companies in America. Our global strength is more than 13500 and our revenue is more than $ 2 Billion. Client have started operations in Pune in the year 2006.
Our client is looking for “Exposure Manager” for Bangalore location-Kodigehalli(Between Hebbal and Yelahanka)
Job Summary & Role synopsis:
- Exposure Management is a new, exciting and rapidly expanding area of our business. The team will work closely with Insurance Carriers in the Lloyds and London Market offering a wide range of analytical services including data submissions, catastrophe modelling, exposure management and bespoke analytics across a wide range of classes of business
- Day-to-day, you will be involved in managing a team whose primary role will be the processing and auditing client data (placing slips and schedules of values) into bespoke Exposure Management software. You must be able to show that you take a methodical approach to problem-solving, have good knowledge of insurance placement structures and be comfortable with large data sets.
- A background in natural hazards, mathematics or statistics in preferred, in addition, you should have the ability to effectively present & communicate data & analytical related information to those who may not necessarily have tin depth knowledge of the subject.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
- Practical and in depth experience gained in the London & US Market with a good understanding of Catastrophe Modelling and Exposure Management across all major classes of business, particularly Property, Energy & Marine
- Manage and assist in training a new Exposure Management team in all aspects and best practices of Exposure Management
- Work with each business unit to use data to help deliver new and innovative services and solutions
- Drive the team deliver data submissions, analytics, insights within 24-48 hours to meet market demands of insurance placements
- Ensure data quality is of the highest standard at all times
- Research and summarize industry publications through the wider reading of specific or regional perils in order to provide additional sources of information or data sets that can be used to complement the existing tools
- Ensure completion of short term & long term projects well within time & delivery regular updates to leadership & stakeholders
- Create service level agreements, budgeting and forecasting activities to ensure the needs of each business unit is met.
- Create and oversee performance and quality metrics in order to meet strategic objectives of the business & evaluate performance of the team in line with the agreed service levels for each class of business.
- Help develop and train the team in all aspects of Exposure Management through coaching, mentoring and team building whilst serving as an escalation point for operational issues.
- Drive, shape and actively contribute to the exposure management strategy of Alesco globally
- Continually add value to the business through process improvement drives
- Broker / business unit centric with proactive approach to delivering data and analytics
- Ability to evaluate problems & be decisive in executing solutions.
- Be accountable for the quality, processes and the team members in India
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to question the status quo and suggest new and improved ways of working as appropriate
- Good team work & co-ordination
- Good stakeholder engagement skills
Required Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Bachelor’s or higher degree from leading university in a numerate subject e.g. Mathematics, Statistics, Meteorology, Engineering, or Geography
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Insurance/ Reinsurance industry with minimum 5+ years using Exposure Management software such as Sequel Impact, Open Xposure, RMS Risklink or AIR Touchstone
- Good MS Office skills particularly in Excel
- Experienced leader with proven ability to train and manage an Exposure Management team
- Able to effectively manage multiple requirements, priorities & stakeholders
- Knowledge & experience in organizational effectiveness and project management
- Highly analytical skill set, be comfortable with analyzing and manipulating large datasets with ability to work to high levels of accuracy and precision at all times
- A keen interest in Insurance, Nat Cat & Non-Nat Cat driven exposures & excellent spatial analytics skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail. Desire to take responsibility and own the process throughout
- SQL / Python knowledge preferred but not essential