The Director of Software Engineering will:
- report to the Vice President of Global Technology and will be a part of the Global IT Engineering Team.
- primarily have responsibilities over the creation and maintenance of company-owned applications, and management of multiple software development teams across multiple projects.
- work closely with multiple development teams, IT Managers and Directors globally, as well as all levels of the Management and Leadership teams.
This is an unparalleled opportunity to become part of a growing team and a growing global organization. High performers will have significant growth opportunities available to them.
- Lead and manage a diverse team of IT Management Professionals and their teams, which are responsible for multiple areas of the Software Development Lifecyle, such as QA, DevOps, Development, Support and more.
- Provide professional development and mentorship to managers and team members.
- Human Resource contributions associated with the team, including recruiting, hiring, performance evaluation, and coaching.
- Establish people management and processes to attract and retain the best talent in the software and technology space.
- Establish a fun, creative and enjoyable environment balanced with strong collaboration and productivity.
- Conceives team structure and constantly seeks opportunities to adjust team structure to maximize agility and efficiency.
- Champion communications on technology and strategic initiatives.
- Collaborate and create routines with other managers/directors to ensure open communication and expectation accountability throughout our projects.
- Analyze and create project scope and milestones for several company initiatives.
- Present issues and risks, and their business impact to management in a timely manner with proposed mitigation. Actively seeks and removes impediments to team success regardless of where they originate.
- Lead multiple technical solution implementations simultaneously and provide key technical and solution architecture for review.
- Continuously improves software development productivity, quality, predictability, and team morale.
- Support the entire application lifecycle – concept, design, test, release, and support.
- Be a team player and strong problem-solver to work with a diverse team.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Fluent in English, with excellent oral and written communication skills
- 10+ years of Leadership experience in Software Development and Software Development Teams
- 5+ years of experience leading and collaborating with remote teams/management
- 3+ years of experience with Cloud Computing
- Proven ability to lead Development Management teams and advance software development practices
- Expertise in Agile Project Management Methodologies, such as KANBAN/SCRUM
- Expertise in Test Driven Development, OOP, Asynchronous Programming, DevOps concepts as well as the complete Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience in project management tools such as Jira and/or OmniPlan
- Experience deploying and scaling applications on the cloud
- (Desirable) Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- (Desirable) Knowledge and experience in Continuous Delivery pipelines (CI/CD and more)