|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree and 3 years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Tertiary Qualifications in Information Technology Management and/or minimum 3 years experience in Database Administrator role(s)
· Willing to work a 24×7 rotational shift and on call as required.
· Sound understanding and practical knowledge of ITIL practices.
· Expertise in:
o Microsoft SQL Server
o Microsoft Active Directory
o Microsoft SQL Server security configurations
o Backup and restore strategies for Microsoft SQL Server
o Oracle BI technologies, including Oracle DAC
· Experience with HA configurations (mirroring and clustering)
· Maintenance and enhancements to SSIS and SRSS based reports
· High degree of problem solving ability
· Effective written and verbal communication
Strong focus and attention to detail
· Best practice methods of data management for data protection, privacy and security.