Our client is an NBFC (Non banking financial services) having 91 branches in India ,headquartered in Bangalore catering to the needs of Micro and small enterprises.
Our client is looking for Chief People Officer for Bangalore location
The CPO would head the HR and Training department.
Experience 20 yrs +
Key skills- Leadership skills, Current role as CHRO(Human resource officer) handling HR and Training department.
SVP/EVP/CPO/CHRO — HR, Acquisition, Recruiting, Training, Facilities & Admin Team: Responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization, specifically in the areas of: ● Talent Acquisition/Recruiting ● Talent Management/Retention ● Learning and Development/Training ● Facilities/Admin. ● Succession planning ● Change management ● Organizational and performance management and Compensation Purpose of Job:
The purpose of the role is to provide strategic leadership and execution of HR needs and articulate the plans to the executive management team, shareholders and the board of directors.
LEADERSHIP & STRATEGY
● Provide overall leadership and guidance to the HR function by overseeing talent acquisition, career development, succession planning, retention, training, leadership development, compensation and benefits, facilities and administration.
● Ensure that the company values are clearly communicated and understood at all levels of the business
● Establish and implement HR efforts that effectively communicate and support the firm’s mission and strategic vision.
● Function as a strategic business advisor to the executive/senior management of each business unit or specialty group regarding key organizational and management issues
● Work with the executive management to establish a sound plan of management succession that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the firm.
● Work with the executive management, especially the COO, and advise them on HR strategy and issues to align the business efforts, avoid conflict of interest, and enable the achievement of the overall goals and targets.
● Develop and implement comprehensive compensation and benefits plans that are competitive and cost-effective for the firm
TALENT ACQUISITION/RECRUITMENT & TALENT MANAGEMENT/RETENTION
● Identify top talent to secure future business growth as the company expands its presence to new cities.
● Motivate employees with incentive programs for the top performers
● Contribute to the recruitment of key department personnel, hence, maintaining efficient and effective execution of duties within each department.
● Mentor key personnel ensuring their constant professional growth, and assist them in the execution of their duties where necessary
● Review and consistently improve workplace policies and procedures, maintain clear practices for performance reviews, feedback and exit interviews
● Promote inclusion in the workplace and reinforce our position as an equal opportunity employer
● Ensure our hiring, on-boarding and management procedures are effective for diverse groups and geographies
LEARNING & DEVELOPMENT
● Set departmental KPIs and evaluate the effectiveness of the team, making appropriate changes that encourage achievement of overall business goals without taking on unnecessary risks.
● Develop and deliver appropriate training programs to support the career development goals of employees.
● Own the creation and deployment of a career development plan for all the roles/employees of the company.
● Organize training for new employees, leadership and other motivational events for employees at head office and in the field
● Maintain a stable knowledge base of the business’s industry, competitors, and regulatory activity.
● Conduct regular research, keeps up with trends and best practices, which give the business a competitive edge, and keep the business at par with some of the biggest players in the market.
● Implement new and well-researched initiatives, strategies, and solutions
FACILITIES & ADMIN
● Manage the human capital needs of the head office, plus support 125 state and regional branches across 6 states and a union territory
● Collaborate with the finance department in determining the department’s budget as well as appropriate internal budgetary allocations
TECHNOLOGY & ANALYTICS
● Apply analytic processes to the human resource department in order to improve employee performance, create better work environments and maximize employee productivity
● Use data-driven approaches across all facets of HR including competency analytics, capacity analytics, corporate culture analytics, recruitment channel analytics, employee performance analytics, etc.
● Own and deploy appropriate technology solutions to enable centralization of information, creation of a data platform for HR analytics and build a more data-driven decision-making organization
● Performs other duties, as deemed necessary for the smooth performance of the duties, as delegated by the Employer.
● Travel as appropriate to implement strategic HR initiatives, approximately 15-20%. Some of the travel will be local/regional/inner/inter-state.
● The candidate for this position must have exceptional leadership skills, with an ability to connect with the most junior-ranking employee and with the executive management team. This candidate will be a confident, empathetic and an inspiring people-leader with an ability to influence and unify team culture both at the head office and the field offices. This candidate will be approachable, relatable, and a savvy communicator, who can strike the right balance between employee and employer needs. Qualifications:
● A minimum of 20 years of HR experience, with at least five years of executive HR experience
● Strong, demonstrated technical and analytical skills
● PG–MBA, HR specialization, or MA/MS in HR related field Other Requirements: ● Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational values; accepts responsibility for own actions. ● Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence of company values; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce
● Fluency in Kannada, Tamil, and other south Indian languages is preferred other than English and Hindi. Competencies & Best Practices for High Performers:
● High social responsibility and mission driven culture
● Team player, High Integrity and focus on Building relationships
● Compliance to policies, rules, and regulations
● Inspiring Leader who instills confidence
● People oriented and Goal oriented
Reports to: CEO
Place of work:Bangalore