Our client is a traditional old Jewellery brand in Bangalore. Their sister concern also in Bangalore is looking for
Vasanthnagar, Near Palace road in Bangalore(Corporate office)
Key skill-Should have worked in Costing for at least 2 years.
The Cost Accountant/Cost Analyst will be responsible for:
- Planning, Studying, and collecting data to determine costs of business activity such as raw material purchases, inventory, logistics, labor and overheads.
- Analyzing data collected and recording results.
- Analyzing changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods or services provided, to determine effects on cost.
- Analyzing actual manufacturing costs and preparing periodic reports comparing standard costs to actual production costs and calculating variances.
- Recording cost information for use in controlling expenditures.
- Analyzing audits of costs and preparing reports.
- Making estimates of new and proposed product costs.
- Providing management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting prices and profitability of products or services.
- Maintaining Cost Accounting System.
- Assisting in Month end close of the General Ledger.
- Conducts physical inventories and monitors cycle count program.
- Reconciles finished goods inventories.
The following qualifications are desirable:
- Minimum of 2 solid years of Cost Accounting in a Manufacturing Environment
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting
- Must have a strong Cost systems background and have excellent analytical skills; sound understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer Literate – Strong Excel skills and the ability to use Outlook and Word
- Experience with MAPICS a plus
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on development and analysis of cost standards
- Ability to accurately prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports