Our client is a FinTech Non Banking Financial Services Company dedicated to driving Financial Inclusion in the MSME sector. Our client is the only company from India recognized globally by the World Bank/IFC with a gold award in 2019 as ‘Bank of the Year-Asia’ for innovative work in SME financing. The company is an RBI-registered Systemically Important NBFC. Headquartered in Bangalore, we have 110 branches across Karnataka, Gujarat, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu and UT ,Puducherry with more than 1000 employees.
Our client is looking for “Cloud Database Administrator” for Bangalore location.
Location: Bangalore | Experience: 4-6yrs Cloud DBA
Reports to: AVP, Data Warehousing team
We are looking for a experienced Cloud Database administrator who can maintain and monitor the health of Mysql databases and ensure better performance, availability and access control of mysql instances. The DBA should have worked on AWS cloud platform and understand managing the database instances on cloud.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities
Here is a summary of the responsibilities for this role.
Provision and Manage Database instances:
○ Monitor the performance of datbases. Proactively identify issues/scaling needs
○ Plan, Design and Implement systems for HA, including backups and DR. Restorations and recovery of corrupt database
○ Analyze slow queries,Identify blocked transactions,deadlocks and work with engineering team to get them fixed
○ Exceptional knowledge of Mysql and its architecture
● Manage databases in aws cloud
● Handle master-slave data sync
● Fine tuning the existing tables and queries.
Summary of Mindset, Skills and Experiences
You should be someone who is self-driven and proactive in identifying the issues in advance.
● Learning Mentality: Deep Curiosity and Humility
● Good communication skills (written, verbal)
● Comfort with scripting and automating the regular tasks in Linux/Windows
● Excellent with wrting Sql queries and identifying areas to fine-tune
● English Fluency is required
● Interact with external teams in fixing any DB issues
● 4+ years as an DBA with atleast 3+ years experience in Mysql and AWS
● Studies in Computer Science(CS, Eng)
● Take initiative and drive the solution
● Exposure to other Databases(Redshift,Snowflake,MongoDB) is a plus