Our client is an (NBFC), a Bangalore based social business that provides loans in the range of Rs.1 Lakh to Rs 20 Lakhs to micro and small enterprises (MSMEs).
Our client has 90+ Branches in 6 states and current staff strength of 1000 people.
Our client is looking for “Chief of Staff” based out in Bangalore.
Title: Chief of Staff
Team: Manage a team of 1-2 resources
Purpose of Job: Build and develop relationships with all employees for increased efficiency and
effective responsiveness into existing operations, and help to define new operational strategies, working with CEO and executives on special projects
Direct Support of the CEO
• Setting a leader’s strategic priorities: Helping a leader identify the areas where they must direct their focus and identifying metrics for success. Revisiting regularly and evaluating progress.
• Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the leader has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary. Post meeting, documenting and tracking action plans and ensuring the closure of these across departments/heads.
• Monitoring information flow: Sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring a CEO’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
Meeting & Event Preparation
• Managing the meeting cadence for leadership and management team meetings, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
• Overseeing large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives.
• Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions.
• Researching, benchmarking, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
• Creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
• Leading annual strategic planning for the company.
• Creating & updating dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
Hiring and Management
• Leading hiring processes: drafting & posting job descriptions, outlining an interview process, and screening candidates for roles reporting into the CEO.
• Office of CEO team management: hires and directly manages others in the office of the CEO. This may include executive assistants, special projects managers, speech writers, or others.
• The candidate for this position must have exceptional leadership skills, with an ability to connect with the most junior-ranking employee and with the executive management team. This candidate will be a confident,empathetic and an inspiring people-leader with an ability to influence and unify team culture both at the head office and the field offices. This candidate will be approachable, relatable, and a savvy communicator, who can strike the right balance between employee and employer needs.
● A minimum of 10 years of project management experience, with at least five years of working with senior leadership
● Strong, demonstrated technical and analytical skills
● Graduate or Post Graduate degree
● Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; works ethically and with integrity; upholds organizational
values; accepts responsibility for own actions.
● Demonstrates knowledge of and adherence of company values; shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; educates others on the value of diversity; promotes a working environment free of harassment of any type; builds a diverse workforce
● Fluency in Kannada, Tamil, and other south Indian languages is preferred other than English and Hindi.
Competencies & Best Practices for High Performers:
● High social responsibility and mission driven culture
● Team player, High Integrity and focus on Building relationships
● Compliance to policies, rules, and regulations
● Inspiring Leader who instills confidence
● People oriented and Goal oriented
Reports to: CEO