JOB DESCRIPTION: ARCHITECT
The Architect will work in teams to develop and produce designs in the fields of master planning, architecture, interior design and landscape architecture.
- Should have completed B. Arch from a COA affiliated College.
- Should have minimum 3 to 5 years of experience in the said Industry.
- Should have an impeccable acumen in the design process with a strong sense of aesthetics and an affinity for creativity.
Note: Candidate should carry the drawings and portfolio
The Architect will:
- Discuss the ideas, objectives, requirements and budget of a project
- Coordination with other Consultants
- Assess the needs of the building and its users and advise the client on the practicality of their project;
- Prepare and present feasibility reports and design proposals to the client;
- Assess the impact on the local environment;
- Use it in design and project management, specifically using computer-aided design software;
- Keep within financial budgets and deadlines;
- Produce detailed workings, drawings and specifications;
- Specify the nature and quality of materials required;
- Prepare tender applications and presentations;
- Prepare applications for planning and building control departments;
- Project manage and help to coordinate the work of contractors;
- Control a project from start to finish;
- Carry out regular site visits to check on progress and ensure that the project is running on time and to budget;
- Resolve problems and issues that arise during construction;
- Ensure that the environmental impact of the project is managed.
- Conversant with local bye-laws (For high rise or 5m above building)
- Good design and drawing skills to demonstrate your flair for architecture;
- A strong imagination and the ability to think and create in three dimensions;
- Sound analytical skills, accuracy, and attention to detail;
- Good communication skills, written and oral, with the ability to liaise effectively with a range of other professionals;
- Good organisational skills
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills;
- An understanding about the relationship between people, buildings and the wider environment;
- A first-rate understanding of construction processes;
- Reasonable mathematical skills;
- Excellent computer-aided design skills.
- Software Skills: Cad, Photoshop, Ms-Office, 3d (Sketch up + rendering) or BIM
- Projects Handled: Residential and Commercials